Possible to pass the private key?

Roscoe eocsor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 14:07:29 CEST 2007

If all you're doing is encrypting files you don't need the private key
on the server at all.

One only needs the private key to decrypt. The private keys are kept
in their own keyring, indeed they are encrypted. Any user who has
access to gpg on a host will not have access to all other users
private keys on that host, unless file permissions are setup as such.

You didn't make any mention of automated decryption, but your
consultants quote makes more sense if you replace encrypt with
decrypt.

-- Roscoe