Printing Keys and using OCR (was: Proofreadable base64)

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sat Sep 22 04:36:50 CEST 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 12:59:00AM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> On Mon, 28 May 2007, Peter S. May wrote:
>
> > Not meaning to kick a dead thread
>
> This must be a zombie by now :)

Indeed.  I'm very glad the thread woke up again, though, as it
reminded me that I had written some code for this back in May, but
unfortunately let it get buried under other work.  I've tidied things
a bit and packaged it at http://www.jabberwocky.com/software/paperkey/

It implements a secrets-only backup via paper (or bar code, or
whatever you like), and then allows you to rebuild the original secret
key when you like.

README file is attached.

David