RDFAuth: a sketch of a simple authentication protol

Henry Story Henry.Story at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 1 09:50:39 CEST 2008

Dear GNU-PG users and experts,

	I recently posted a proposal for a very simple HTTP based protocol to
build on GPG web of trust concepts by combining these with the linked
data network [1] effect of the semantic web, and simple REST
architecture concepts. Here is the introduction

[[
Here is a proposal for an authentication scheme that is even simpler
than OpenId, more secure, more RESTful, with fewer points of failure
and fewer points of control, that is needed in order to make Open
Distributed Social Networks with privacy controls possible.
]]
http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/rdfauth_sketch_of_a_buzzword

I am not a cryptography expert, but I make essential use of PGP in
this sketch, so I was looking for feedback from this community, as
well as REST and HTTP experts. I know there is something really
powerful lying here to be discovered.

Please give us feedback and ideas for improvements. Or just let us
know that we are wrong. Any feedback is welcome :-)

Henry

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linked_Data

Home page: http://bblfish.net/