problem installing gnupg-2.0.9

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 14 13:07:19 CEST 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 02:41, cpollock at embarqmail.com said:

> *** You need libgcrypt to build this program.
> **  This library is for example available at
> ***   ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libgcrypt/
> *** (at least version 1.2.2 using API 1 is required.)

Looking at the config log:

  configure:6032: checking for libgcrypt-config
  configure:6050: found /usr/bin/libgcrypt-config
  configure:6063: result: /usr/bin/libgcrypt-config
  configure:6080: checking for LIBGCRYPT - version >= 1.2.2
  configure:6117: result: no

shows that configure picked up the system installed libgcrypt and not
the one you build and installed which probably installed as
/usr/local/bin/libgcrypt-config.  I assume that /usr/local is not in
your PATH before /usr/bin and thus you get the wrong one.

You need to make sure that the recent libgcrypt-config gets picked up
first.  You can advise the configure script to do that:

  $ ./configure --with-libgcrypt-prefix=/usr/local

As an alternative you can set the environment variable

  $ LIBGCRYPT_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/libgcrypt-config
  $ export LIBGCRYPT_CONFIG

and then run configure.  You may also want to test whether this is the
correct configure script, like in:

  $ /usr/local/bin/libgcrypt-config --version
  1.4.0

Similar options are available for the other libraries.  Thus a

  $ ./configure --with-ksba-prefix=/usr/local \
               --with-libgcrypt-prefix=/usr/local \
	       --with-libassuan-prefix=/usr/local
  $ make

should get you a bit further.