Need Help

Sven Radde email at sven-radde.de
Tue Apr 15 20:03:23 CEST 2008

Hi!

Am Dienstag, den 15.04.2008, 11:03 -0500 schrieb John Clizbe:

> There is nothing to backport.  David Shaw answered this exact same post last
> Friday on both GnuPG-Users and GnuPG-Devel.

I felt already last Friday that this was only a partial answer to the
question.
Although it might not be necessary to backport 1.4.9's changes to 1.4.7,
nobody can guarantee that there won't be a 1.4.10 that fixes a
vulnerability which exists since 1.4.7.
It might be worth to solve the issue of possible backports now, when -
as you rightly state - there is no need for immediate action.

cu, Sven