[GnuPG-users] identical files -> non-identical encrypted files

Bill Royds apple at royds.net
Wed Aug 6 03:59:38 CEST 2008

On 2-Aug-08, at 13:23 , Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> Ok, but how does that solve my problem?  Even if I encrypt my file
> with
> a symmetric cipher I face the same issue - each encrypted copy will be
> different.

Why is not having identical encrypted copies a problem?

The key will decrypt each copy to the same plain text plus the salt,
which you can ignore.
So everyone will look at the same message after decryption.

You can use GPG to send the key over an encrypted channel as long as
you have their public key (and they have GPG installed and a key pair).