WinPT upload problem

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Aug 11 12:12:57 CEST 2008

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:53, allen.schultz at gmail.com said:

> fix) but I keep getting a message when I try to send the key back to
> the server with my signature. "http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371: Could not

That URL is a collection of keyservers; you use a random one and thus
you can't know whether this is a local or a keyserver problem.  However
that URL collects all kinds of keyservers incluing those which do not
work correctly with OpenPGP keys.  Just don't use that URL.

A suggest to use hkp://keys.gnupg.net which directs only to keyservers
known to work.  All these keyservers are syncronized, so it does in
practice not matter which one you use.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner