import and export with different gpg versions

Florian Schwind f.schwind at chili-radiology.com
Mon Aug 18 14:30:03 CEST 2008

Hi.

I exported an key from my keyring with gpg 1.4.9 and tried to import it
with gpg 1.2.4 on an other system. The import worked well until I tried
to run gpg --update-trust-db which halted with an error:

gpg: kein uneingeschränkt vertrauenswürdiger Schlüssel 080CB4A8 gefunden

(which probably means "no ultimated truted key 080CB4A8 found")

This is some kind of irritating me since I don't know nothing about this
keyID. I do not have this key in the keyring whrer I exported the key
from and I don't have it in the new keyring where I imported the key
(which was previously empty). I even get this error when I remove the
trustdb.gpg in $GPG_HOME an let gpg rebuild it!

Is there a problem using this two version together?

thx
Florian