Publish Certificates

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Tue Aug 19 04:37:34 CEST 2008

Carlos Williams wrote:
> Thanks all! I was able to run the following command with no problems:

> carlos at laptop:~$ gpg --keyserver x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
> --send-key 0x8BF7AA16
> gpg: sending key 8BF7AA16 to hkp server pool.sks-keyservers.net

> I now wanted to know how do I check or verify others according to
> their signature block or when they do sign their messages? I went to
> http://sks-keyservers.net/ and don't see a "search" option or a way to
> look myself up to make sure my data imported to their site
> successfully.

gpg --keyserver x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net --search-keys		\
 	carloswill at gmail.com

BTW, It's there:

sks at yogi:~# grep 8BF7AA16 /var/sks/db.log
2008-08-18 20:31:36 0 potential merges found for keyid 8BF7AA16
sks at yogi:~#

The time is US/Central Daylight Time. I shuldn't take more than a hour to show
up on all the SKS keyservers.

Also, by including:

	keyserver x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
	keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

in gpg.conf, GnuPG will automagically search and retrieve keys needed to verify
signatures

'include-subkeys' and 'include-revoked' are also useful keyserver-options.
Just include them all on one line separated by a space, no quotes

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or