" Welcome to the Quantum Internet" - By Davide Castelvecch

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Fri Aug 22 23:50:59 CEST 2008

reynt0 wrote the following on 8/22/08 5:10 PM:
[...]
> Here's a url for what seems to be the technical
> description, at arXiv.org (found by search there):
> <http://arxiv.org/pdf/804.0122>
>
> What's available via the link at the online ScienceNews
> article seems to require a login.

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.

When attempting to access the URL you indicated:
<http://arxiv.org/pdf/804.0122>

I get a page with:
***********
No paper 'arXiv:804.0122'
The identifier you have specified (arXiv:804.0122) appears to be
invalid. Please inform www-admin at arXiv.org if you believe that the
identifier should correspond to a valid paper in arXiv.
*********

I have searched the arXiv site for that paper identifier, no luck, but
lots of articles on quantum encryption (searching by 'quantum
encryption'), and I'm looking through them.

In my system, the URL:
<http://www.sciencenews.org/view/feature/id/34762/title/Welcome_to_the_Quantum_Internet>
displays the article in ScienceNews right away, without any need for
login. I am not a subscriber to ScienceNews, and the URL was sent to me
by a friend who shares my interest in encryption issues.

Thanks again for your *positive* and helpful feedback.

Charly