" Welcome to the Quantum Internet" - By Davide Castelvecch

reynt0 reynt0 at cs.albany.edu
Sat Aug 23 01:05:25 CEST 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Charly Avital wrote:
  . . .
>> What's available via the link at the online ScienceNews
>> article seems to require a login.
  . . .
> When attempting to access the URL you indicated:
> <http://arxiv.org/pdf/804.0122>
>
> I get a page with:
> ***********
> No paper 'arXiv:804.0122'

Right you are, my typo, for which I apologize.  Correct is
<http://arxiv.org/pdf/0804.0122> (diff is the leading zero).

  . . .
> In my system, the URL:
> <http://www.sciencenews.org/view/feature/id/34762/title/Welcome_to_the_Quantum_Internet>
> displays the article in ScienceNews right away, without any need for
> login. I am not a subscriber to ScienceNews, and the URL was sent to me
  . . .

The login was at the site for a Poppe et al paper, "linked
at" the ScienceNews page (right hand column, as a Citations
& References), not the _SN_ page url itself.

HTH