Way to split MD and signing

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Dec 4 11:42:11 CET 2008

Is there any way of splitting the two actions of getting an MD and
signing this MD?

I have an automated system that generates a lot of large files.  I
want to sign these files, but I want to keep the secret key on a more
secure system and I want to avoid having to send the generated files
over the network.  I've found the --print-md command, but there
doesn't seem to be a --sign-md command :(

/M

PS I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC any answer to my personal email.