passphrase works ONLY with enigmail

Bruno CAPELETO bruno.capeleto at free.fr
Fri Feb 8 02:49:04 CET 2008

Dear all,

I'm becoming crazy and begging for help.

I generated a pair of key one month ago with gpg command line, I use GPG
with Thunderbird/Enigmail.

Everything fine until I tried gpg with gajim : my passphrase was
systematically refused.

As my passphrase contains accent (eg "à la ville, j'y vais de suite"), I
thought I should try to change it to remove the accent (eg "a la ville,
j'y vais de suite").

Then I realized that my passphrase is also refused on the command line !

I tried to change the locale (UTF-8, ISO-8859-1...) with no success.
I also tried gpa with no success.

As a conclusion, I can't change my passphrase, because it is accepted
ONLY in Enigmail !

Please help...

Bruno