passphrase works ONLY with enigmail

Bruno CAPELETO bruno.capeleto at free.fr
Fri Feb 8 03:38:39 CET 2008

I found the solution.

I had a carefull look at Enigmail Debug Console.

I found out some weird characters, that were only reproducible in a
console in X mode when default locale was ISO-8859-1. In addition, the
option --charset utf8 was used with gpg.

I fixed to this locale, restarted X, and use gpg --charset utf8 in a
console in X (didn't work outside X!) to change my passphrase.

Maybe this can help someone else...