pgp servers hanging

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Fri Feb 15 22:23:52 CET 2008

Matt Richards wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having an issue with GnuPG, I currently use it with mutt and everything
> was ok but now when I view an email that has signed data and I dont have the
> key of the person that signed the email, mutt hangs.
>
> This appears to be due to gnupg attempting to request the key via a keyserver
> and not having much success.
>
> The keyserver I was using with no problems is hkp://subkeys.pgp.net and since
> then I have tried a number of keyservers including mit's without much success, I
> did find one keyserver that i could connect to (LDAP based i think) but there
> didn't appear to be many keys avaliable.
>
> I'm not behind any proxy servers or anything like that.
>
> Does anybody know what might be going on? or are the keyservers just down?

Are they down? Mine's not.

try hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

pool.sks-keyservers.net is a DNS round-robin consisting of 25 online and synced
SKS keyservers. hkp://subkeys.pgp.net is a six server round-robin

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe (a) tx DAWT rr DAHT con
Ginger Bear Networks             keyserver hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net