Corporate use of gnupg

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Tue Feb 19 22:54:24 CET 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:14:55 -0500 "Robert J. Hansen"
<rjh at sixdemonbag.org> wrote:

>Technical fixes to provide ADK-like functionality are well and
>good, but
>if you aren't looking at the patent and creating this new
>technology
>with an eye towards avoiding the patent, you're playing the legal
>version of Russian roulette.

there is no 'technical fix'

the company is simply keeping its own copy of a keypair that it
generates for an employee,
just as it would hold onto a copy of the physical key it generates
for the lock on the employee's office door

that said,
it's always a good idea to consult with the legal people
before any such solutions are implemented

it just seemed reasonable enough and inexpensive enough,
to suggest it to any companies that need it,
and leave the legal follow-up to them

the more companies that adopt a gnupg/pgp solution,
the more that employees will become familiar with encryption,
and are likely to begin to use it privately on their own

vedaal

any ads or links below this message are added by hushmail without
my endorsement or awareness of the nature of the link

--
Get a Business Credit Card. Click Here.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dNfiMChL8gOF9EycnxyE5x2Ge8KfoA1hsccGnGUtv9gjYOj/