How know who is a file encrypted for ?

Dirk Traulsen dirk.traulsen at lypso.de
Thu Feb 28 13:11:55 CET 2008

Am 28 Feb 2008 um 10:04 hat Wilhelm Müller geschrieben:

> <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> said:
>
>     David> Why?
>
>     David> I'm serious - what is the use case here?  How often do
>     David> people need to list all recipients of a file?
>
> I agree with David,

David didn't say he doesn't want this new command, but asked seriously
for some use cases.

> especially since the desired feature is already present, though
> somewhat hidden:
>
>     gpg --list-only --verbose encrypted_file.gpg

It kind of partially works. With --verbose it at least mentions your
own subkeys, but still doesn't print the uids or the primary keyid.
No nice consistent output and a 'somewhat hidden' command.
If you prefer not changing anything then Davids tip is much better.

Dirk