ISO-8859-1 mails getting marked as UTF-8

Martin Toft mt at martintoft.dk
Thu Feb 28 22:12:31 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 03:37:37PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:43, veronatif at free.fr said:
> > If the recipient's mailer supports PGP/MIME, this is of course a way
> > better solution than any form of traditional inline PGP. All
> > charsets are then cleanly usable, without any hack or guesswork.
>
> From the major MUAs only Outlook has problems with PGP/MIME.  However,
> the GpgOL included in gpg4win 1.1.3 works well although with some
> deficies in the user interface.  The forthcoming version of GpgOL (as
> available in SVN) features a far better integration and also sends
> PGP/MIME.

Thank you very much for the elaborate explanations. I see now that my
decision to switch from PGP/MIME to inline signing a while ago caused
the problem.

I'll switch back to PGP/MIME and ignore recipients running Outlook. I
don't want to spend my time working around shortcomings in crap
software.

Thanks again.

Martin