turning off gpg-agent

shane howard genix01 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 22:29:50 CET 2008

I just did a fresh install of gpg and everything went well , except that
whenever i try to decrypt something it says
can't connect to `/home/hellman/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent': No such file or
directory
it does however decrypt the message. I assume that what gpg is trying to do
is save the password via the agent and
it cant find the socket file? I would attempt to get the agent working to
remove the error messages but as it is i don't want this
functionality, i would prefer to enter my pass phrase every time. The
question is, how do i stop gpg from trying to contact the agent?
I did have a look int ~/.gnupg?gpg.conf for the line user-agent to take it
out of there , but it;s not in there so being really new to gpg i am at
a loss of what to do. Any information on removing this behavior will be
highly appreciated