Exit code 2 from PHP script

Brent Hagany bhagany at gofox.com
Mon Jan 21 17:02:02 CET 2008

Apologies for the delay, it was a busy weekend.

> You don't have to specify full path to the executable if it's in your
> system PATH.

I'm aware, I just thought it would head off the "make sure it's in your
path" suggestions.

Anyway, I tried system(); it gave the same result, so I went about
playing with proc_open() like so:

$message = "This is a test message";
$process = proc_open("/usr/bin/gpg",
                     array(0 => array("pipe","r"),
                           1 => array("pipe","w"),
                           2 => array("file","errors.log","a")),
                     $pipes);

if(is_resource($process)) {
  fwrite($pipes[0], "--list-keys --homedir=/home/daemon");
  fclose($pipes[0]);

  echo stream_get_contents($pipes[1]);
  fclose($pipes[1]);

  echo proc_close($process);
}

This still doesn't work, but at least I get a somewhat helpful error
message in the log file:

gpg: fatal: can't create directory `//.gnupg': Permission denied
secmem usage: 0/0 bytes in 0/0 blocks of pool 0/32768

Anybody know why it's trying to write to /, and how to stop it?  I tried
adding the --homedir flag above, but that did not work.  Also, this is
my first time using proc_open(), so I'm not sure that my usage is 100%
correct.

Thanks much,
Brent