I need a portable GUI for GnuPG

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Jul 6 18:05:45 CEST 2008

Faramir wrote:
>   Well... no... since he chose to don't allow distribution of it (unless
> it is in a magazine's CD... but not in a CD without a magazine), I
> supposed it was no point asking... after all, it is not even the
> installer file, it would be a copy of the installed files...

As a general rule, you can get away with murder as long as you show
people that you've done your homework.  If you write a courteous note
and explain "yes, I understand your general policy is [insert policy
here] because [insert reasons here], but I was hoping that since my use
is a little different, you might be willing to consider granting me
permission."

Seriously.  Be polite, understand that you're asking him for a favor,
don't second-guess someone's decisions, and you can get away with
_anything_.  :)

>    Maybe the trees are not allowing me to see the forest... I thought it
> would be easier to find a tool for this... since I had heard "there are
> several GUIs for gpg". But maybe I should think about this subject in a
> different way... maybe use gpg for emails, and sha1 for files... there
> are a lot of tools for sha, md5, etc verification... and let advanced
> users to verify the signatures using the command console, if they want to.

Or say "to hell with it, I'm going to use S/MIME".

S/MIME has the major advantage of pretty much every mail client
supporting it out-of-the-box.  The end users would need to download nothing.