make data available for a certain amount of time

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Thu Jul 10 17:49:17 CEST 2008

>Message: 6
>Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:16:00 +0200
>From: "Sander de Bakker" <n00bical at gmail.com>
>Subject: make data available for a certain amount of time

>I create a website and pack it in a zip file
>when a complete stranger opens the website in the zip it checks
>for a valid key on a keyserver.

>when they key is valid the site opens
>when the key is invalid the website never opens and the
>contentfiles of website in the zipfile cannot be accessed in any
way

a workaround can be done to do what you want,
but requires some input on your part

assuming the visitor to the website does not know which key on
which webserver is being checked,
and you are not worried about people on the keyserver deliberately
interfering with your site

you can do the following:

[1] let the passphrase for the zipfile be the hashfile of your
public key block of the key on your keyserver

[2] when someone tries to access your site,
arrange for your site to get the key from the keyserver, and hash
the public key, and enter the hash as passphrase for the zipfile

[3] whenever you want to stop access,
add a subkey to your key, and upload it to the keyserver

the hash will change,
and the zipfile won't decrypt

vedaal

any ads or links below this message are added by hushmail without
my endorsement or awareness of the nature of the link

--
Hit it out of the park with a new bat. Click now!
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fAyoZU3DmUvpqkQxJjzzLBUKz2fZdIRBjvh0trk3S1i2gAf/