key generation in a script or non interactive mode?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Jul 11 02:25:55 CEST 2008

On Jul 10, 2008, at 5:41 PM, Afzal, Naeem M wrote:

> Ok, I was able to resolve this issue. I have to set HOME=/root
> inside the shell to get it going. Now I have new problem, script
> runs ok from within this chroot fs, but when keys generation process
> just hangs with statement:
>
> "Not enough random bytes available. Please do some other work....
> (Need 284 more bytes)"
>

> How can I force it to complete it?

Your entropy source dried up.  Normally I'd suggest wiggling the mouse
or poking at the keyboard to make some more entropy, but if you're
running completely unattended that may be hard (you may not even have
a mouse on that box).

There is a good article on entropy gathering on Linux (I'm assuming
you are running Linux here) at http://lwn.net/Articles/283103/

David