Wildcards in uids?

Phil Reynolds phil-gpg at tinsleyviaduct.com
Thu Jun 5 00:59:10 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 03:18:00PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> I think I did understand the query.  You have email addresses like
> "myaddress-foo at example.com", "myaddress-bar at example.com", and so on.
> The question was is a "catch all suffixes" UID possible.  The answer
> to that question is no.
>
> That said, I'm not sure why you think this is a necessary thing to
> do.

Should I wish to sign, or should somebody wish to send me something
encrypted, to some address with a suffix, my key will need a uid
containing that suffix, as far as I can see.

Therefore, should it prove necessary, I will presumably have to add such
uids as necessary to the key.

On the whole, I think this will probably only rarely, if ever, be
needed. But, if it is, at least I know now.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil-gpg at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95