(possible) feature request ;-)

Christoph Anton Mitterer christoph.anton.mitterer at physik.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Jun 23 13:30:18 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 11:51 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> > I'm suggesting that such keys have the for-your-eyes flag set (because
> > it shouldn't be necessary to write them to disk).
> This flag is a property of the encrypted message and not of the key.
Of course,.. with "key", I didn't meant any OpenPGP key,.. and of course
not the dm-crypt key itself,.. but the encrypted dm-crypt key...

> > Is it already possible to somehow suppress this message (without
> > suppressing others like no-MDC or so)? If not would you consider to add
>
> Ask the sender not to use --for-your-eyes-only  and not to use a
> filename "_CONSOLE".
There is no "sender" (at least from the classic point of view)... I
simply use gpg's/OpenPGP's symmetric encryption parts (to be exact: a
symmetrically encrypted data packet, with symmetrically encrypted
session key packets).

I set the flag, that nobody writes the key to disk (by accident) if he
uses gpg manually on the encrypted file.
But when I decrypt it in the intended scripts I'd like to suppres the
warning...

Chris.