(possible) feature request ;-)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jun 23 16:30:13 CEST 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:30,
christoph.anton.mitterer at physik.uni-muenchen.de said:

> I set the flag, that nobody writes the key to disk (by accident) if he
> uses gpg manually on the encrypted file.

You can't avoid that.  --for-your-eyes-only is a very weak gadget and
only implemented for PGP 2 compatibility.  The usual way I invoke gpg is
using

  gpg <infile >outfile

and that will always work.  OpenPGP does not require ant special
processing:

   If the special name "_CONSOLE" is used, the message is considered to
   be "for your eyes only".  This advises that the message data is
   unusually sensitive, and the receiving program should process it more
   carefully, perhaps avoiding storing the received data to disk, for
   example.

A data encryption key for the file system is not "for your eyes only" it
is for the entire file system.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner