GnuPG (win32) on a USB stick

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 03:47:34 CET 2008

nunzky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to keep GnuPG on a USB stick to use at school and on other people's
> computers (all windows). However, GPG, when run, creates the keyrings and
> conf files on the HDD (documents and settings\appdata). Is it possible to
> avoid this behavior and have GnuPG write those files, say, in its own dir on
> my usb stick? How would I do this?

set GNUPGHOME=x:\location\you\want

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe (a)tx DAWT rr DAHT con
Ginger Bear Networks             hkp:\\keyserver.gingerbear.net  or
Send email with subject help to  pgp-public-keys at keyserver.gingerbear.net
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss, "Oh the Places You'll Go"