_almost_ working, now a command line question...

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 23:23:25 CET 2008

Maury Markowitz wrote:
> And then just sits there. Perhaps I can't call a pipe or redirect in
> the VBA shell command; if try I'm pretty much sunk unless I can get
> --passphrase-file to work. And it doesn't.

Option order is sometimes important

> Is --passphrase-file a feature of 2.0 only? If so, is there somewhere
> where I can get a compiled windows binary of it?

Been a part of gnupg 1.x for ages. I tested it on XP with GnuPG 1.4.8

gpg --batch --passphrase-file <> --output <> --decrypt <>

Here's a test I just did in %TEMP%:

gpg --batch --passphrase-file passphr --output ptshowdown.decrpt.bmp --decrypt
ptshowdown.bmp.asc
gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID EF4010D2, created 2003-03-06
      "John P. Clizbe <snip>"

The passphrase file passphr was created with Cygwin's 'echo -n'

There is yet no binary of GnuPG 2.0 for windows

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe (a) tx DAWT rr DAHT con
Ginger Bear Networks             hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net or
Send email with subject HELP to  pgp-public-keys at keyserver.gingerbear.net

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss, "Oh the Places You'll Go"