_almost_ working, now a command line question...

SeidlS at schneider.com SeidlS at schneider.com
Mon Mar 3 23:41:26 CET 2008

Can you try it when streaming data to GnuPG?  The following command did not
work for me:

echo TEST |gpg --clearsign -a --passphrase-file passfile

Output:
Reading passphrase from file descriptor 3

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "XXXXXXX"
1024-bit DSA key, ID XXXXXXX, created 2008-01-29

gpg: no default secret key: bad passphrase
gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: bad passphrase

Thanks
Scott S

             John Clizbe
             <JPClizbe at tx.rr.c
             Sent by:                  Maury Markowitz
             gnupg-users-bounc         <maury.markowitz at gmail.com>, GnuPG
             es at gnupg.org              Users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org>
                                                                        cc

             03/03/2008 04:23                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: _almost_ working, now a command
                                       line question...

             Please respond to
                GnuPG Users
             <gnupg-users at gnup
                  g.org>

Maury Markowitz wrote:
> And then just sits there. Perhaps I can't call a pipe or redirect in
> the VBA shell command; if try I'm pretty much sunk unless I can get
> --passphrase-file to work. And it doesn't.

Option order is sometimes important

> Is --passphrase-file a feature of 2.0 only? If so, is there somewhere
> where I can get a compiled windows binary of it?

Been a part of gnupg 1.x for ages. I tested it on XP with GnuPG 1.4.8

gpg --batch --passphrase-file <> --output <> --decrypt <>

Here's a test I just did in %TEMP%:

gpg --batch --passphrase-file passphr --output ptshowdown.decrpt.bmp
--decrypt
ptshowdown.bmp.asc
gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID EF4010D2, created 2003-03-06
      "John P. Clizbe <snip>"

The passphrase file passphr was created with Cygwin's 'echo -n'

There is yet no binary of GnuPG 2.0 for windows

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe (a) tx DAWT rr DAHT con
Ginger Bear Networks             hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net or
Send email with subject HELP to  pgp-public-keys at keyserver.gingerbear.net

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss, "Oh the Places You'll Go"

(See attached file: signature.asc)