OpenPGP card stopped working

Albert Dengg albert at fsfe.org
Mon Mar 10 20:31:40 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 09:22:35AM +0100, Sven Radde wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Michael Kesper schrieb:
>> pcscd sometimes gives trouble, for example when you try to create keys on the
>> card.
> No problem with that, I created my keys off-card and then moved them.
> I thought this would be the easiest way to have a backup key ready if
> the card breaks.
>>  For best effect try this howto:
>> http://www.fsfe.org/en/card/howto/card_reader_howto_udev
>>
> This is pretty much what I did to get it working originally. As far as I
> can tell, everything is still in place (all packages are there, the udev
> files, too, and I'm in group scard, to summarize it).
> I used the howto at gnupg.org but it is essentially the same (the one at
> gnupg.org has a broken link to the gnupg-ccid file but I figured that
> out quick enough at the time).
i don't know if it is changed..but last time i looked it did set the
permission through a shell script instead of doing it directly in the
rules file, that gave me trouble (e.g. timing issues) on some machines.

i rewrote the rules file to do it directly and it know works flawlessly
on instant on all machines i tried it on.

you can find my modified gnupg-ccid.rules at:
http://fsfe.org/en/content/download/33133/204727/file/gnupg-ccid.rules

(you won't need the shellscript anymore when using it)

yours
albert