OpenPGP card stopped working

Harvey Muller hlmuller at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 03:27:51 CET 2008

Sven,

I think I just bumped into your problem.  I've been testing Hardy, and haven't had any problems with the OpenPGP card until now.  I have to investigate further, but preliminary results indicate a udev or related problem.  In Gutsy, the device is created in /dev, in Hardy it is not.  Hardy is still alpha, so I expect breakage.  Additionally, I'm using the amd64 version, not i386.

This is more a problem for the Ubuntu devs I think than for Werner and gang.  So if you are using Hardy, then that may explain your problem.   Doesn't seem to be a problem with Gutsy though, just rechecked.

Best regards,

Harvey