GnuPG v2.x?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Mar 28 17:22:30 CET 2008

Scott Blystone wrote:
> I am currently grabbing Mac compiled binaries for the TEST1 version of
> 2.0.7. How would one integrate v2.x into Thunderbird, though? I think
> the Enigmail version supports only GPG v1.x.

Well, given that I'm part of the Enigmail team... :)

http://enigmail.mozdev.org/documentation/index.php

"In order to provide the crypto-features, Enigmail requires GnuPG to be
installed. We currently recommend GnuPG version 1.4.8 and/or 2.0.8."

The Quick Start Guide leads people through the process of installing
GnuPG 1.4.x, mostly because we've discovered that to be an easier
process than GnuPG 2.  However, Enigmail works fine with GnuPG 2, and we
have several people who can assist you in getting set up with it.

Why not join the Enigmail list?  We're a pretty friendly bunch over there.