How to decrypt multiple blocks of encrypt messages in one csv file gnupg

Vlad "SATtva" Miller sattva at pgpru.com
Fri May 9 11:32:32 CEST 2008

Chilupuri, Vishwarupachary (Chary) (AU - Sydney) (08.05.2008 12:08):
> Hi ,
> I got a situation like below:
> Web form with name,address,creditcard details so on. so i'm encrypting
> using the public key,and storing it in the database.
> Later i'm exporting the results from the database to the Excel
> file.(ex:donation.csv which includes all the encripted blocks of data )

<snip>

> For decryption purpose i'm changing the file name as example:
> "donation.csv.gpg"
> Now i want to decrypt the whole file .I tried c:\>gpg --decrypt-files
> "donation.csv.gpg"(i'm providing passphrase)
> It decrypting  only the first record and skipping all the other records.
> Please can some one help me to solve this problem?
> Thanks' in advance.

It wouldn't work that way. You have to split your file into multiple
files and iterate over them with GPG. Or, if this is applicable,
concatenate all webform input data before encryption and store it in a
single DB field (this is how I would implement that: since all data is
already encrypted, is there a reason to store it in many different fields?).

--
SATtva | security & privacy consulting
www.vladmiller.info | www.pgpru.com