Protecting private key on USB flash drive: how to?

Sven Radde email at sven-radde.de
Sat May 10 10:34:54 CEST 2008

Hi!

Am Freitag, den 09.05.2008, 12:56 -0500 schrieb Robert J. Hansen:

> I am not a fan of TrueCrypt's hidden volume feature, and I think most
> people who are fans haven't thought things through.

I agree. All the "plausible deniability" stuff (Truecrypt or whatever
else) is only good if 'they' actually have to *prove* that something is
there. If mere suspicion is enough to get you into trouble, nothing can
protect you (neither using Truecrypt, nor not using it).
The hidden volume might have its uses when facing recent UK legislation,
though.

cu, Sven