Linux crypto killer apllication

David Picón Álvarez david at miradoiro.com
Thu May 15 08:25:20 CEST 2008

From: "Robert J. Hansen" <rjh at sixdemonbag.org>
> I see no reason to add "features" to GnuPG that have no connection to
> any real-world need.  Changing the largest keysize, even in expert mode,
> has no connection to any real-world need I've ever heard anyone
> articulate, and so I'm pretty hostile to the idea.

Well, I'm pretty sure if GnuPG had the limit you suggest (2048) it would be
legally unusable for some purposes, due to legal guidelines, "best
practices", and all that tosh. Now you can say those things are misguided,
but if they make it impossible to use GnuPG they're a real-world need just
as the man page is. I don't know of any of these policies that require keys
longer than 4096, but I wouldn't discard the possibility, certainly not in
the future.

--David.