Linux crypto killer apllication

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Fri May 16 03:06:53 CEST 2008

Faramir wrote:
>   Well, in Windows, I am using GPGShell, and the GPGtray utility
> provides text encryption. I think it doesn't give zip encryption, but
> you can encrypt a zip file.

As I recall, ZIP encryption is just symmetric encryption with a
pass{word,phrase}.

> I don't know what applications made to provide a GUI for gpg are
> available for linux, but since it seems the linux gpg branch is
> stronger than windows branch, there should be enough of them to
> chose.

Linux branch? Windows branch? Not in GnuPG - the code for each of those
is the same.

You will find more F/OSS applications available than you will Windows
apps because there is less of a barrier to F/OSS development - the tools
are free.

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet: JPClizbe (a) tx DAWT rr DAHT con
Ginger Bear Networks             hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net