Automate decryption

Hardeep Singh hs2412 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 19:43:08 CEST 2008

Hi

This question pops up from time to time. I have written a blog post on this:

http://blog.hardeep.name/computer/20080904/auto-gpg/

I havent added details on how to secure the passphrase and key file -
but maybe I can do that. Please send in comments - better if you post
them on the blog itself.

Regards
Hardeep

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Robert J. Hansen <rjh at sixdemonbag.org> wrote:
> Duwaine Robinson wrote:
>> I want to automate decryption with GnuPG and I am not sure how is the
>> best way to go about handling the passphrase. Anybody have any ideas,
>> suggestions or any failed attempts to speak of?
>
> It's fairly easy to automate things with Perl.  Biggest concern will be
> keeping the file unreadable by other users, though, since your
> passphrase will be in the file.

Hardeep Singh
http://blog.Hardeep.name