OT: RFC 3156 question

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 22:30:08 CEST 2008

Apologies for a slightly OT question, since this is not gpg-specific,
but I thought it would be a good place to ask.

Section 4 of RFC 3156 (PGP/MIME) says:

"Before OpenPGP encryption, the data is written in MIME canonical
   format (body and headers)."

Am I right that an encrypted message should like:

> From nobody Thu Sep 25 21:23:32 2008
>
> --===============1328406624==
>
> Version: 1

> &
> &This is a test Message,
> &With some text in it

with the part marked by '&' the data that is actually to be sent to
gpg to be encrypted?

Best wishes,

Nicholas