GnuPG with pcsc-lite, scdaemon segfaults

Simon Ferber simon at ist-schlau.de
Fri Apr 3 14:11:59 CEST 2009

I have to say, it segfaults when using the static build of GnuPG. If I

> What do you mean by a static build?  No shared libraries?  That makes
> dlopen a bit questionable.  I have never tried to build gnupg2
> statically, at some points we use weak binding semantics and all kind of
> problems may happen with a static link.
>
> What OS are you using?

Right, no shared libs.
It's gentoo 2008.0:
Linux ray 2.6.28-gentoo-r4 #2 SMP Sun Mar 29 15:51:52 CEST 2009 x86_64
AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

>> use the dynamic linked program, I get no segfault, but the same error
>> in the logs _plus_ neither scdaemon nor pcscd can be stoped (kill
>> -9). I have to reboot to start the next try.
>>

> There is a problem with your OS.

Well, I don't really have an idea, where to look for an OS-problem. It
is a fresh install and everything else works fine so far. The most
obviously would be to switch to a differnt kernel, wich I already tried
with two versions.
What else could be the cause? Maybe the gcc version 4.1.2?

Simon