libgpgme error

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Apr 14 14:27:26 CEST 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 20:00, kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com said:

> out. I wrote a simple program to check if libgpgme works, and I get an
> error on line 136 of my code (attached to the email); the error code
> returned is 2. My platform is Ubuntu 6.06 LTS i686, with libgpgme

    size_t uDataSize = sData.size();
[...]
    else if (-1 == (lRet = gpgme_data_write(tData, sData.c_str(), uDataSize))
             || uDataSize != (size_t) lRet
             || 0 != (lRet = gpgme_data_seek(tData, 0, SEEK_SET)))

What is the size of your off_t?  Did you really follow the instructions
in the "Largefile Support (LFS)" section of the manual?

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

p.s.
For better readability I strongly suggest not to use long else-if chains
but return or goto statements.  Given that the English language is
written left to right, it is also better to follow this practise and
avoid the ill advised method of always writing constants in a comparison
on the left.