Keyserver doesn't honour removed signatures

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Apr 16 15:31:10 CEST 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:13, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> Not exactly.  Usenet has delete :)

I bet not right away from the start; control messages were likely
introduced somewaht later.  We would need to ask a graybeard to be sure
or look at the B-news sources.  For the average user keyservers are
pretty young if at all existent.  Thus we are in the same state as the
old Usenet.

> NNTP would be ideal for it.  Use the key fingerprint as the NNTP
> message-id field for IHAVE, and NNTP takes care of the distribution.

Which would also help to distribute revocations.  A client running on a
server (e.g. your mail smarthost) could filter out revocation messages
for your keyring from a Usenet group and forward them to you.  In fact
the client could do that automagically by looking on your mail traffic
to collect keyids.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner