GNUPG CLI endless loop when using --batch and --decrypt on detached signature file

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Apr 23 16:26:07 CEST 2009

> But as the user suggested why does --batch does not take care of it? I saw that it is "expected from unix" programs to behave like this - but what about windows? there is no dev null piping - at least there should be an option because users expect that --batch will work automatically.

It works as expected, reading data from stdin - even on Windows.  Why
should that be different.  Piping data into programs on Windows is as
old as PCDOS 2.0.1a (~1983).

There is and has always been a nul device in Windows, it is just named
"/dev/nul" and not "/dev/null".  However on the windows command line you
better use just "nul" as the device - that is a special filename.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner