2 local user-ids, 2 distinct key pairs but only 1 user-id can sign.

Erik Lotspeich erik at lotspeich.org
Tue Aug 18 20:56:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have two key pairs: one for my personal e-mail and one for work, so I
am in a similar situation as you are.

I switch between the two with the "--default-key" option to GPG and give
it my key ID as an argument (you can set this in your gpg.conf too).

Even after looking at the man page, I'm not entirely clear what "name"
the "--local-user" option is after (e.g. is it a name of a local user on
the system, or is it the uid name on the key).

Regards,

Erik