Practical Advice for those using AES256 cipher?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Aug 19 17:45:36 CEST 2009

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:28, kevhilton at gmail.com said:

> the article interesting (not sure if I understood a lot of the blog
> comments), is there any practical advice I should take away from it as
> it relates to GnuPG?

Don't care about it.  It is no threat to use AES 256 or AES 128.  The
remarkable gotcha is that the old wisdom that a longer key gives a
stronger cipher is not necessarily true.

I am sure others will start a new debate now what to do, but I consider
such a debate more or less academic.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner