trouble getting GnuPG 2.0.9 working with smartcard

Wolfgang Rosenauer wolfgang at rosenauer.org
Sun Feb 1 13:04:23 CET 2009

Hi,

Malte Gell schrieb:

> with hope of finding more response I place my question now here.
>
> I have a Reiner SCT Cyberjack Secoder card reader and with the driver from
> Reiner SCT's web site it works now, the diagnosis tool "cyberjack" says the
> reader is available and accessable.
>
> In ~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf i specified the PCSC driver, it contains the
> following:
>
> debug-level advanced
> pcsc-driver /usr/lib/readers/ifd-cyberjack.bundle/Contents/Linux/ifd-
> cyberjack.so.2.3.0

AFAIK that is not correct.
The pcsc-driver is either /usr/lib64/libpcsclite.so or
/usr/lib/libpcsclite.so (on your system I guess).

> In my naive thoughts I hoped to be able to "format" a blank card to put my key
> on it. Is this now a driver / GnuPG vs card reader issue or is it not possible
> to just use any blank smart card (it is a 8 kB smartcard from Atmel it seems)

Also AFAIK (my knowledge is not up to date here) gnupg can only use so
called OpenPGP smartcards like those:
http://www.g10code.de/p-card.html
http://fellowship.fsfe.org/en/card

I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.

HTH,
 Wolfgang