gpg.exe Vista Crash

Brian belstsrv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:53:40 CET 2009

John Clizbe wrote:
 > Brian wrote:
 >> I downloaded 1.4.9 and installed it.  I then grabbed WinPT and when
 >> launching WinPT, I get repeated gpg.exe crashes, like I did before.
 >>
 >> I also downloaded GnuPT and installed that, which comes with 1.4.9 and
 >> running that also causes gpg.exe crashes.
 >>
 >> I then took all of the EXEs from w32cli install and copied them over to
 >> the GnuPT folder and had the same result.
 >>
 >> I am really at a loss as to how to get a GUI interface to work with
GnuPG.

http://enigmail.mozdev.org/documentation/quickstart.php

 > If you wish a separate GUI similar to PGP's most PGP users I know who
have moved
 > to GnuPG prefer GPGshell. Download and unzip the installer from
 > http://www.jumaros.de/rsoft/index.html. I like to install GPGshell as a
 > subdirectory under GnuPG (C:\Program Files\Gnu\GnuPG\GPGshell)

Thanks John, and everyone else for their assistance.

I removed everything and executed the gpg  --version command and it reports:
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.9

I did the path command, and it reports:
C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG
as the only PGP related entry.

My main use for GunPG is really key storage and creation for some other
processes/projects I have.  Not really using it for Thunderbird or any
other email, yet.

I am really confounded by this issue.  I have disabled UAC in Vista as
well.  It has been disabled this entire time.

I've now removed everything and am going to try to reinstall just the
w32cli.

What could I try and do that might simulate the issues I am seeing when
using a GUI frontend (without installing the frontend)?  I want to just
use the command line a little to see if that works.

Thanks again!