OpenPGP card not accessible

Wolfgang Rosenauer wolfgang at rosenauer.org
Thu Feb 5 23:13:08 CET 2009

Hi,

Malte Gell schrieb:

> i made some progress with my new OpenPGP card. I can access it with
>
> gpg --card-edit but i cannot do anything, because GnuPG immediately exists and
> says there was no card....
>
> gpg --card-edit first detectd the card  and then suddenly says "OpenPGP card is
> not available", though it is still in the card reader....
>
> I use gpg 2.0.9 and the Reiner SCT ctapi-driver, scdaemon.conf looks like
> this:
>
> ctapi-driver libctapi-cyberjack.so
> reader-port 1
>
> The ctapi driver seem to be the only way to access the card a little bit, but
> it still does not work correctly...
>
> If someone have some experience about these issues, let me know

I've just changed my config from using pcsc-lite to the cyberjack ctapi
driver and it works for me.
I'm using gpg 2.0.10 though since I had other issues when accessing the
card a few days ago.

I have gpg 2.0.10 in my OBS repository built for openSUSE 11.1:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/wrosenauer/openSUSE_11.1/

Feel free to try that.

Wolfgang