openPGP card, cant change admin pin, can't change name

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 10:26:24 CET 2009

2009/2/8 Malte Gell <malte.gell at gmx.de>:
> does still now work, what is wrong there, why don't I have the permission to
> change the admin pin?

It's all covered in the list archives and in the manpages:

SCDAEMON:
       --allow-admin

       --deny-admin
              This enables the use of Admin class commands for  card  applica-
              tions  where this is supported.  Currently we support it for the
              OpenPGP card.  Deny is the default.  This commands is useful  to
              inhibit  accidental  access  to  admin class command which could
              ultimately lock the card through wrong PIN numbers.

So, edit ~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf and add the line "allow-admin".

Ben