Paperkey question

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 12:36:21 CET 2009

2009/2/8 Ian Hill <ian at ushills.co.uk>:
> Correct you print it out, but I cannot find how to re-compile the key
> manually from the paperkey and the public key.  If you can do this
> without the paperkey programme this seems a good solution, otherwise why
> not keep an e-copy of your secret key as this is likely to survive just
> as well as the paperkey program.

Because media degrades and unlikely that the media of today will be
readable in the future.  For example, you can't get 8" or 5.25"
floppies for love nor money these days and 3.5' floppies are likely to
go the same way.

However, paper lasts a very long time.  It's your call and depends how
much your key means to you.  Personally, I reckon that your key is
more likely to become useless in the future.

Ben