Fw: Paperkey question

Dirk Zemisch lists_de at zemisch.de
Mon Feb 9 08:03:50 CET 2009

Hello Faramir, hello GnuPG users,

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 02:56:40 -0300
Faramir <faramir.cl at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Thanks for the answers. I always was ready to burn my paperkey
>> print. Now I don't need to do so. ;-)

>   But don't forget it also means if you forget your passphrase, you
> are toasted... or if your passphrase is too easy, it could be
> broken...

But this is the same as when I lose my secret key on a USB Stick or CD
or SD-Card or ...

Of course one need to choose a good passphrase, but from the first
statements in the actual thread it seemed to me, that the paperkey is
not protected at all.

But now I know that it is as good protected as my electronical key is.

Have a nice day!
Dirk